I made pakodas today in the afternoon to enjoy it with tea and pouring rain. I made extra pakodas, so that I can use them to cook pakoda kadhi for dinner. Pakoda kadhi is besanbengal gram flour) dumplings in delicious yogurt based kadhi. Pakoda kadhi is a punjabi delicacy.
1 Cup of Pakodas
2 Tablespoon of besan (Bengal gram flour)
1/2 Cup of curd
1 Tablespoon of Green chilly and Ginger paste
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon of Coriander Powder
1 Teaspoon of Red chilly powder
1 Teaspoon of Garam masala powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds
1 Teaspoon of Cumin seeds
3 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
1. Keep the fried pakodas aside
2. Take a bowl, add besan and curd. Mix well by adding little water.
3. Add Turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, Green chilly - Ginger paste and salt to the besan mixture.
4. Take a vessel, add oil, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Once seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and Besan mixture and let it cook for 1 Minute on a low flame.
5. Stir the mixture and add water if required. Add pakodas and garam masala and let it cook on low flame for few minutes.
6. Serve pakoda kadhi with rice or pulao.