Hurray! I have finally reached my 100th post. Its a benchmark that deserves a celebration. Thank you to all my readers and my blogger friends for taking interest in my blog, for your encouraging comments, Emails and feedback.
Shahi Rabdi is a rich dessert prepared from full fat milk and is flavoured with saffron strands and dry fruits. Rabdi can be prepared from minimum ingredients available in your house, but the most essential quality required to prepare this dish is patience. I have come across many shortcut recipes and have tried them as well but nothing taste better than authentic and traditional method of preparing it.Rabdi is one such dish which can be relished alone as well in combination with other desserts like Malpua with Rabdi, Shahi Tukda with Rabdi, Gajar Ka Halwa with Rabdi and so on....
1 Litre Full Fat Milk
1/2 Cup of Sugar / Condensed Milk
2 Tablespoon of Elaichi powder / Cardamom powder
2 Tablespoon of Chopped Almonds
2 Tablespoon of Chopped Pistachio
1 Tablespoon of Rose water
1 Silver Sheet / Silver Varakh (Optional)
1 Tablespoon of Ghee
1. Coat the non stick pan with ghee, and allow to heat the ghee. Add milk to the pan, and keep stirring the milk continuously.
2. Boil the milk by stirring it and reduce to half of its original volume. Add sugar / condensed milk, elaichi powder.
3. Its is important to stir the milk and avoid the milk sticking to the bottom of the pan. Scrape the sides of the pan as well since all the rich malai / cream is gets coated on the side of the pan.
4. Cook till the milk becomes thick, creamy and reduces to 1/4th of its original volume.
5. Add almonds, drops of rose water and few saffron strands and allow it to cool. Place it in the refrigerator. Once chilled it will become more thick.
6. Before serving garnish it with chopped pistachios, saffron strands and silver sheet if using.
Sweet Sukanya has showered me with Adorable Blog award, Amazing Blog Award, Triple Blog Award, Friends Award, One Lovely Blog Award and Great Buddy Award.
Thank you Sukanya, you made my day