Dear Reader and my fellow blogger friends, I was away from the Blogosphere circuit as I was busy settling things in my new house. But I am back with my favourite breakfast dish Puri Bhajji.
Puri Bhaji is the most popular Breakfast at our place. Puri Bhaji is popularly known as Alu Puri in Northern parts of India. Its being served as heavy brunch at my place over the weekend. Puris are puffed wheat flat breads, they are served with delicious potatoe vegetable popularly known as Bhajji in Maharashtra. I simply love the aroma of curry leaves in this sabji. This simple yet tasty meal is ideal for a lazy weekend brunch.
2 Bowls Wheat flour
2 Teaspoon Oil for Kneading
1 Cup of Luke warm water
1 Teaspoon of salt
Oil for Frying
For Alu Bhajji
2 Medium sized Onions
5-6 Curry Leaves
1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste
1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Green Chillies
2 Teaspoon Mustard seeds
2 Teaspoon Urad Dal
1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 Teaspoon Coriander and Cumin seed powder
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 Cup of Chopped Coriander
Salt as per taste
1. Take wheat flour and sprinkle salt and little oil and mix it well.
2. Add water and knead the dough. Keep it aside for few minutes.
3. Roll small round puris.
4. Heat oil and fry the puris.
For Alu Bhajji
1. Pressure cook the potatoes and remove the skin and keep it aside to cool. Mash the potatoes
2. Heat the oil, add a pinch of asafoedita and then add urad dal and mustard seeds. Once the seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves, ginger and garlic paste.
3. Add chopped onions and saute for few minutes till they light golden brown.
4. Add turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder.
5. Add mash potatoe
s and salt as per taste and mix well.
6. Cook for few minutes and spread lemon juice and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Enjoy yummy hot puris with alu bhajji
Here is my entry fot my Dear Friend EC's WYF - Breakfast Event