From past few days I am badly tied up, both on personal as well as professional front. I am not able to give time to my blogging world. With the onset of long weekend I was so excited, I was desparately waiting for this much needed break. I and my husband decided to relax on this weekend and not involve in much of an activity. For the first time, I was also bored to enter the kitchen and cook. I had leftover of Khatta Dhoklas, which I had prepared last night, instead of throwing them, and my lazy bones were soo tired of making some new breakfast I decided to utilize this leftover Dhoklas. In Gujarati family usually dhoklas are consumed next day by adding a waghar to it and make them more delicious. One can also call them Dhokla Poha or in Gujarati lingo Wagharela Dhokla. If one enjoys Dhokla, then you will relish Wagharela Dhokla. We enjoyed our weekend morning with wagherela dhokla, and solving sudoku and sipping hot masala chai.
1/2 Bowl of Khatta Dhokla
1 Chopped Onions
3 - 4 Curry Leaves
Pinch of Hing (Asafoedita)
1 Teaspoon of Rai (Mustard Seeds)
2 Teaspoon of Coriander Powder
1 Teaspoon of Cumin seed Powder
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon of Red Chilly powder
Chopped Coriander for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Take leftover khatta dhoklas, and cut them in to small pieces wit your hand or knife. Keep the small pieces of dhoklas aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add pinch of hing and mustard seeds. Once the seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and chopped onions.
3. Saute onions till they turn golden brown, add coriander powder, cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt to taste and mix well with the onions.
4. Once the masalas are cooked add, dhokla pieces and mix well with the masalas and onions.
5. Allow the masalas to cook with the dhoklas for few seconds. Once cooked properly, garnish it with chopped coriander.
My Dear Friend Suma and Ammu have tagged me, one can check the tag details here...... and Jyoti has shared with me bundle of awards like yum blog award, 360 degree award and Giant Bear Hug Award. Thank you gals for these bundle of joy.