Baigan Kaap is other recipe which my mother has contributed from her recipe box. Baigan Kaap (Aubergine / Egg plant Fritters) are usually served as a side dish, but my mother makes it as a main vegetable to have it with roti or rice. Baigan kaap is made with besan (Bengal gram flour) and is made in a jiffy. She recommends to use long and thin baigan so that they can be cooked quickly.
4 Long Brinjals / Aubergine / Egg plant
1 Cup of Besan (Bengal gram flour)
1 Teaspoon of Red chilly powder
1 Teaspoon of Coriander - Cumin seed powder
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder
1 Teapsoon of Garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut the baigans in thin round slices, without removing the skin.
2. Let the slices of baigan settle in salted water for 10 minutes.
3. Take a vessel, add oil and saute drained slices of baigan for 2 minutes.
4. Add besan, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and coriander - dhania powder
5. Saute the mixture with the baigan slices and cook in the water released by the baigan,
6. Once cooked serve with rotis or as a side dish with rice and dal.