Sunday 13 July 2008

Stuffed Capsicum (Besan Stuffing)


I grew up seeing my mother and maternal grandmother cooking delicious food. I have inherited their cooking skills, which I am able to display on this blog. Stuffed Capsicum with besan stuffing is my mother's signature dish. My friends and colleagues, always requested me to get stuffed capsicum in my lunch box and they all had enjoyed spicy sizzling stuffed capsicum. I requested my mother to cook stuffed capsicum and forward me the pictures, so that I can upload the recipe on my blog. Here comes recipe of stuffed capsicum from my mother's kitchen in Mumbai. This is a simple stuffing, easy to cook, and yet tastes really good.

Ingredients:
4 Small Capsicums
1 Cup of Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
1 Teaspoon of Red Chilly powder
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon of Coriander-Cumin seed powder
1 Teaspoon of Garam masala
Mustard seeds
Salt to taste
oil

Method:
1. Take a vessel, add 1 Tablespoon of oil. Place besan, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder.
2. Saute the besan on a low flame, till the besan looks cooked or turns light brown in colour. Keep aside the besan mixture.
3. Take small capsicums, so that they get cooked fast. Wash and Slit the capsicums from the end and don't peel off the tops of the capsicums. Deseed the capsicums. If you really like hot food, dont deseed the capsicums.
4. Stuff the besan mixture in the capsicums.
5. Take a deep pan, add oil and mustard seeds. Add the stuffed capsicums and cover the lid of the pan.
6. Keep turning the capsicums and cook them from all the sides.
7. One can brush oil on the capsicums and cook inside a preheated oven on 180 degree celcius, till the capsicums get cooked. I avoid cooking in the oven as it absorbs all the moisture from the capsicums and this dish tastes well when the stuffing gets cooked in the mositure released by the capsicums
7. Serve the stuffed capsicums with rotis, parathas or it can be served as a side dish with rice and dal.



4 comments:

Flowergirl 14 July 2008 at 17:35  

Hi Purva

thanks for stopping by.

Sure we'll do that. you gotta nice blog too!

cheers.

Purva Desai 14 July 2008 at 17:47  

hey sindhu!!!

welcome to my world......and lets start our foodie journey :)

Unknown 23 July 2008 at 08:27  

Pooh ...WOW...this is something that i have been longing to eat ever since u left....
will try this out...lets c how it turns out..btw...ur blog is extensive and im sure that i will b refereing to it a lot.....
cheers..Meli

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

IndiRank


FeedBurner FeedCount

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP