It was our first civil marriage anniversary on 29th of May. We are among few fortunate ones, who celebrate two marriage anniversaries, as first we had our civil marriage and then we tied our knots in traditional Hindu style wedding ceremony in December. Instead of buying cake from outside, I thought will surprise my hubby by baking a cake myself.
1 Cup of Maida (Self Raising Flour)
1 Cup of Sugar
1 Cup of Oil
1 Tablespoon of Cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon of Baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 Dark Chocolate bar
100 gm of Icing sugar
2 Tablespoon of Butter
2 Tablespoon of Milk
1. Sieve self raising flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
2. In a glass vessel beat egg, sugar and oil together until the mixture rises to double in quantity.
3. Add the egg mixture in the flour mixture and fold the batter.
4. Take a baking tin and grease it with butter and dust it with some flour.
5. Now pour the mixture in the baking tin and bake the cake in preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for 20 Minutes or till your knife when pierced in the cake comes out clear.
6. Let the cake cool for few minutes, then put the tin upside down and remove it from the tin.
7. For icing, melt butter and chocolate bar together on double boiler or in a microwave. Add icing sugar and milk and mix it properly.
8. Cut cake horizontally from between, take one piece of the cake and apply the icing mixture evenly on it. Press the other cake piece on it and then apply the icing on top of the cake and sides of the cake and cover the whole cake with the icing mixture and let it cool in refrigerator.