Simple but rich in flavours is Green Pearl (Peas) pulao. My mother used to make this pulao on every sunday and we used to have it with gujarati kadhi and lachko daal. One can have this pulao with any veg or non veg curry as well. The aroma and taste of whole spices and green pearl like peas will make you go Ummmm.......
1 Cup of Basmati rice
1 Cup of peas
1 Chopped Onion
1 Teaspoon of Cardamom powder
1/2 Cinamon stick
1 Bay leaf
1 Teaspoon of Black pepper powder
1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg powder
2 Green chillies
1 Teaspoon of Cumin seeds
5 - 6 Cashew nuts
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 20 Minutes.
2. Take a vessel, add ghee, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.
3. Once cumin seeds starts spluttering, add onions, cashew nuts and splitted green chillies. Saute onions till they are light pink in colour.
4. Drain rice and add in the vessel. Add peas, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and black pepper powder along with salt and let it cook for 1 Minute.
5. Add water and cook the rice on low flame.
6. Once cooked serve it with dal, kadhi, or any curry