The tortilla de patatas or Spanish omlette is an egg omlette with fried potatoes. Depending on the region and tastes it also includes onion and garlic. It is one of the most common tapas (Small Portion nibbles) throughout Spain. A tapas portion of tortilla is called 'pincho de tortilla'. It is favourite at picnics, as it can be served cold. It can be served as a main course. Use flat non stick frying pan to make tortillas. We had made potato and mushroom chessy tortilla.
1 Finely sliced onion
4 Finely sliced baby potatoes
1 Cup of Chopped mushrooms
1 Finely chopped red pepper
6 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 Teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon of oil / Butter
1. Beat the eggs, by adding cheddar cheese, salt, dried mixed herbs and keep aside.
1. Add oil/butter in a frying pan and onions and red pepper, saute them for 3 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and fry them for 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Pour the egg mixture over potato and mushroom mixture.
4. As the eggs starts to set, put the pan in a preheated oven / grill on 180 degree celcius.
5. Once the eggs are completely set and are cooked from beneath as well, cut in to small portions and serve with salads, or any kind of sauce.