I am a big fan of Sanjeev Kapoor, Khana Khazana fame. I really like his style of presenting, he makes all dishes look simple. This is one of the dishes from my collection of recipes, courtesy Sanjeev Kapoor with some variations. This is my entry for Sri's Curry Mela.
50g. Baby potatoes
2 Tablespoon of Til (Sesame seeds)
1 Tablespoon of Ground nut
1 Tablespoon of Coriander seeds
1/2 Stick of Cinnamon
2 Whole red chillies
3 - 4 Curry leaves
1 Tablespoon of Tamarind pulp
1 Tablespoon of Ginger-garlic paste
1 Tablespoon of grated fresh Coconut
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1. Boil the baby potatoes, once they are boiled prick the potatoes. Dont remove the skin of the potatoes. One can fry these potatoes after boiling, but I have not fried the potatoes.
2. Dry roast, Til, ground nuts, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves and whole red chillies.
Blend it in roatsed whole masalas and add little water if required and make a smooth paste.
3. Take a deep vessel, and heat it with oil. Add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and the smooth whole masala paste. Saute the masala for 5 - 10 minutes.
4. Add boiled baby potatoes or if you have fried them, then the fried potatoes along with water and salt.
5. Mix it properly, add tamarind pulp and grated coconut in the end and cook for 2 minutes.
Serve Tilwale aloo curry with Jeera rice or with simple rice....