Every day of the year there is a festival celebrated in some part of the country. Be it cultural or religious, it gives everyone an opportunity to enjoy and join the festivity. Festival is the time to rejoice and have fun.
Lokmanya Tilak started Sarvajanik Ganesh Mahotsav during our fight for
People come alive, one can see vibrant colours, music, dance, rich food, these are integral part of these festive seasons.
Purva and Priti, two strangers met on this blogosphere. Two people facing geographical hindrance, however our similarities of enjoying every moment of life have bought us together. Being away from Homeland
Through 'Festive Food' we will celebrate all festivals, not only in
So here comes first Festive Food Event, Rakhi – Thread of Love and Priti has the oppurtunity to host the first event.
Rakhi or Rakshabandhan is a Hindu festival, its emotional bonding between brother and sister. A sacred thread or Rakhi is tied by sister on his brother’s wrist. Brother this way is bonded to protect his sister under all circumstances. In return brother gives sister a gift or a token of love.
So let’s celebrate Rakhi with enthusiasm and zeal by participating in this event.
Guidelines for Celebrating Rakhi – Thread of Love
1. Rakhi is celebrated in all parts of
Prepare a dish, which as a custom is prepared in your house. It can be anything sweet dish, any main dish, savoury snack……list goes on. Share with us how Rakhi is celebrated in your region or house and also any special memories you have associated with Rakhi. One can post hand made Rakhi or even any special Rakhi you have purchased from the market.
2. The last date for sending your entry is 20th August 2008. We don’t want participants to prepare dishes for this event specially. Our idea is that participants should send entries with the dishes, which they have actually prepared on Rakhshabandhan and share with us their experience and enjoy the festival to the fullest.
3. Bloggers can add a link back to this event announcement. We would be glad if you can include Rakhi colourful Logo. There are no restrictions on the number of entries.
4. Send in your entries at Indian.email@example.com with below mentioned information:
- Dish Name:
- Blog’s Name:
- Blog URL:
- Post URL:
No need for attaching the picture, we will take it from your post.
5. Non Bloggers no need to get upset, email your recipe along with the picture. We will post it on your name and include it in the round up.
6. Old post are accepted, provided they are republished by linking back this event announcement along with the logo.
So all sisters gear up to make your brothers happy and if modern age brothers want to make something for your sisters we are more than welcome.