The credit for this dish goes to my hubby. I was moarning over my injured finger and like a couch potato was watching 'Daily Cook's Challenge' on ITV. While watching this show my hubby, who is always interested in cooking unique and different dishes decides to enter the Kitchen and cook something new. I was checking with him what he is planning to cook so that even I can help him in the kitchen. As usual he replies, I dont know what I am planning to cook, will go to supermarket and pick up some ingredients and then will decide what to invent from the available ingredients. This is his old habit, he never reveals what he is planning to cook, because he himself is not sure about the same :), however his experiments are always successful and he comes up with really unique and lip smacking dishes. This time he came up with Potato and Noodle bake which was really different and delicious. So my injured finger turned out to be blessing in disguise.
Here is my entry fot Lore's Orginal Recipe Event
3 Boiled Large Potatoes
2 Tablespoon of Chopped Chive (herb)
1 Cup of Boiled Black Eye Beans
11/2 Cup of boiled Noodles
1 Bunch of Spring Onions
1 Small Chopped Onion
1 Small Chopped Tomato
1 Teaspoon of Coriander- Cumin seed powder
1 Teaspoon of Red Chilli powder
1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
Salt to taste
1. Mash the boiled potatoes, add chopped chive and salt to it and keep it aside.
2. Boil the noodles by adding one teaspoon of oil, so that they dont stick to eachother. Once the noodles are boiled drain the water.
3. Take a wok and heat the oil, add spring onion and saute them for a minute. Add the boiled noodles and salt and stir fry the noodles. Once the noodles are fried keep them aside.
4. In a same wok, heat the oil. Add chopped onions and saute till they are light pink in colour. Then add tomatoes, coriander-cumin seed powder and red chilly powder and cook till oil leaves the vessel.
5. Add boiled black eye beans, and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water if required and in the end add salt. Cook till the gravy is thick.
6. Preheat the oven. Grease the dish with butter. Spread the stir fried noodles, then spread the Black eye beans mixture. Top it with the mashed potato mixture and in the end sprinkle cheddar cheese.
7. Bake it in the over on 180 degree celcius till the potatoes are baked and they start turning light brown.
8. Cut in to small pieces and serve it with desired sauce. We enjoyed the bake with peri peri sauce.
Now one more feather on my blog - An Award
Suma has passed me "ROCKING GIRL BLOGGER AWARD".
Suma you have really Rock my world, thank you for thinking me worthy for this award.
Congratulations to all Rocking girls :)
Now its turn for a MEME
Sripriya of Srikar's Kitchen, Sukanya and Divya has passed me with The Booky Meme.The rules of the tag are as follows:
- Pick up the nearest book
- Open to page 123
- Find the 5th sentence
- Post the next three sentences
- Tag 5 people and acknowledge the person who tagged you
These sentences happens to be:
1. ''I don't understand why you haven't opened that real estate business you ued to be so keen on, Henry.''
2. ''I can't. The time isn't quite right. The real estate market is not looking that promising at the moment.''
3. ''You've been saying that now for nearly a year; I wonder if it will ever be promising enough for you.''
I would like to pass this MEME
Don't Forget to participate in Festive Food Event ~ Rakhi - The thread of love