This dish is special for me. Specific dishes spark memories too, this is one of them. Memories good as well as bad. Let me start with the bad one first. While making this dish, I was making coconut coriander chutney to have it along with the Idli. Inspite of my hubby's warning I was careless in cutting the coconut. The result of not listening to my hubby was injuring badly my finger. I managed to complete my cooking with one hand. We enjoyed the dish, but I was in terrible pain. After night there is always a wonderful morning, same way after the dreadful event, there was entrance of a special friend in my life. The world of blogging got two strangers together. Sripriya of Srikar's kitchen happen to visit my blog. With few exchanges, we got to know we stay close by. This friendship grew in short span of time. Today is her Birthday..... Happy Birthday Sripriya!!!....and I was invited to her place for lunch. Till now I had seen delicious food prepared by her on her blog, but today I tasted the yummy food made by her. This dish is dedicated to our friendship:) and wishing all Happy friendship day
1 Cup Rava (Semolina)
1 Tablespoon Urad dal
1 Tablespoon of Chana dal
1 Teaspoon of Mustard seeds
4 - 5 Curry leaves
3 - 4 finely chopped Green chillies
1 Tablespoon of grated Ginger
1 Teaspoon of Coriander - Cumin seed powder
1 Tablespoon of Cashewnuts
1 Cup of Curd (Yoghurt)
1 Medium sized ChoppedOnions
1/2 Cup of peas
1 Finely chopped Carrot
1/2 Finely chopped Capsicum
1/2 Cup boiled Corn
1/2 Cup of chopped Coriander
1/2 Tablespoon of Eno (Fruit salt)
Water if required
1. Take a deep vessel, heat 1 teaspoon oil and roast the rava in it. Roast it till it turns light brown. Keep aside after roasting.
2. In the same vessel, again heat oil and fry cashewnuts. Once they are fried keep them aside.
3. In the same oil, add urad dal and chana dal. Once they are roasted add mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, grated ginger.
4. Once seeds starts spluttering add all the vegetables and cook on a low flame.
5. Add coriander - cumin powder, salt and roasted rava. Mix properly with all the vegetables.
6. Cook on a low flame for 2 minutes. Then remove it from the gas and keep it aside. Let it cool down.
7. Add beaten curd to the rava mixture and mix well. Add water if required. Make a thick batter, of Idli consistency.
8. Before steaming the idlis, add any fruit salt or Eno in the batter.
9. Now fill the idli batter in the moulds and put your fried cashewnuts on top of the batter.
10. Steam the idlis for 10 - 15 minutes. Once ready serve them with Coriander - Coconut chutney or Sambhar.