Addition of Chinese Schezwan Sauce makes bland Chinese dishes mouth watering. One can use Schezwan sauce for stir frying vegetables, and even as Dips for any accompaniments. My mother in law had seen this simple and easy way of cooking Schezwan Sauce on Telly back in India. She shared this lovely recipe, which can be stored for many days in refrigerator and can be used in many Chinese and Indo - Chinese dishes.
10 Deghi Whole Red Chilly
10 Kashmiri Whole Red Chilly
10 Garlic Cloves
3 Tablespoon of Oil
2 Tablespoon of Vinegar
3 Tablespoon of Tomato Ketchup
Salt as per taste.
1. De seed both type of Red chillies, so the sauce doesn't turn out to be very hot. The reason of choosing Deghi and Kashmiri Whole Red Chillies is Kashmiri Chilly gives really good red colour to the sauce and is less spicy and Degi Red Chillies are really spicy but they lack the ability of enhancing the colour of the sauce.
2. After de seeding the red chillies, soak them in oil along with Garlic cloves for 6 - 7 Hours.
3. In a food precessor add Whole Red Chillies, Garlic Cloves and Vinegar and grind them to form a smooth paste.
4. Heat a shallow vessel, add the smooth red chilly and garlic paste in to it. Add salt and Tomato ketchup and saute for few minutes.
5. Allow the Schezwan Sauce to cool and then store it in an air tight container and use it as and when required.