Crunchy Corn Curry is a delicious treat for all corn lovers, (which also includes me ;). We generally use corns in salads or as one of the ingredients in curries or sabjis, but this curry is prepared keeping only corn as the main and the base ingredient. My mother used to prepare this curry for her corn crazy daughter (that’s me). I was lucky that even my MIL is equally corn crazy and we both relish this curry whenever I prepare it for our meals. I call this curry as crunchy corn curry, as the corns are coarsely grind and it is garnished with sev to give more crunchiness to the curry.
500gms American Corn Kernels
4-6 Curry Leaves
2 Tablespoons Garlic paste
1 Tablespoon Coriander and Cumin powder
1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon Mustard seeds
Pinch of Asafoedita
1 Teaspoon Green Chilly paste
1 Cup of Milk
1 Bowl of Sev
1/2 Cup of Chopped Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Grind American corns coarsely without adding water in a food processor. Don’t make it a smooth paste; it should be coarse so that the curry is crunchy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida and mustard seeds. Once seeds start crackling add curry leaves and garlic paste and saute in the oil for few seconds.
- Now add the coarsely grind corns in the garlic mixture. Add coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder and green chilly paste and mix it properly.
- Add milk and salt as per paste and mix it with the corn mixture. Now allow the mixture to cook on a low flame.
- Once the curry is cooked, remove it from the flames and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Just before serving spread sev over the curry and serve it with rotis or parathas.