Breakfast is a meal most often eaten in the morning. The word derives from breaking the fast after one has not eaten since the night before. It is widely accepted that breakfast is the most important meal in the day. I am always in search for healthy and easy to make, yet delicious breakfast recipes. One such dish I frequently prepared for breakfast is Vermicelli Sev Upma. This colourful dish is easy to prepare and is loved by all in my family.
200gms of Vermicelli sev
1 Teaspoon of Mustard seeds
1 Teaspoon of Urad dal
1 Tablespoon of Cashew nuts
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Green Chillies
1 Finely chopped Onions
1 Finely chopped capsicum
1 Finely chopped Carrots
Salt to taste Grated Coconut and Chopped Coriander for garnishing
1. Fry Vermicelli in oil, till they turn golden brown and set them aside.
2. Heat oil in the same pan and add mustard seeds, cashew nuts and urad dal. Once the seeds starts spluttering and dal starts changing its colour add curry leaves and chopped green chillies.
3. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn light. Add chopped capsicum, carrots and boiled peas and along with salt and allow it to cook for few minutes.
4. Add 11/2 cups of water and fried vermicelli and cook for few minutes or till all the water evaporate and the sev is cooked.
5. Garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander before serving