With the Onset of Summers starts the season of King of Fruits - Aam ~ Mangoes. The sweltering heat of summers consumes lot of your energy and make you go dehydrated. Heat stroke and heat exhaustion are the most serious health illnesses caused by hot environments, and a real danger to people who work outside in the summer.
One such power booster drink comes to the rescue to prevent heat stroke ~ Aam Panna. Aam panna for North Indians and Kayree Panha for Maharashtrians, this drink is a must in our house during summers. It is prepared using raw mangoes, sugar and an assortment of spices. This drink is a wonderful source of vitamin C and prevents the loss of excessive sodium chloride and iron from the body during summer due to sweating. It also prevents summer diarrhoea, colds, piles, morning sickness, indigestion and constipation. The spices used in this drink like Rock salt is cooling, anti-acidic, anti- bilious, anti-phlegmatic, and digestive. It has natural minerals, which are absent in commercial table salt.Cumin helps to prevent flatulence.
With Aam Panna to my rescue in Summers I can happily sing this famous number of Beatles ~ ''Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right"
2 Raw Mangoes
1 Bowl Sugar
1 Teaspoon Grounded Pepper
2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
2 Kesar / Saffron Strands
Rock Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon Chopped Mint Leaves
1. Peel the skin from the raw mangoes and pressure cook it.
2. Once the mangoes are properly pressure cooked, remove the pulp of the cooked mangoes.
3. Add sugar to the pulp and blend them together with the help of the blender.
4. Now heat on a low flame the raw mango pulp and the sugar mixture and add rock salt, kesar and roasted cumin seed powder to the pulp. Allow the pulp to heat for 2 minutes and remove it from the gas.
5. Allow it to cool. Before serving mix the pulp crushed ice and pour chilled water. Garnish it with chopped mint leaves.
One can even store the mango pulp in a bottle for 4 days and serve with chilled water as and when required.
Here is my entry for Priti's Summer Treat Event
My new friend Lena has shared with me I love your Blog award. Lena! Thanks for considering me for this award.