Since My hubby is less fond of veggies and have more inclination towards pulses, I prepare different dals using combination of different pulses. One such recipe I came across in a newspaper was Hariyali Masala Dal and I had jotted down in my treasure book (which is my recipe book).This dal is protein packed and includes many pulses and is prepared by adding unique coriander based paste.
1/4th Cup Masoor Dal
1/4th Cup Tuvar Dal
1/4th Cup Moong Dal
1/4th Cup Urad Dal
1 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
1 Cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Salt as per taste
7 -8 Garlic Cloves
3 Teaspoon whole Coriander seeds
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/2 Cup of Chopped Coriander leaves
2 Dry whole red chilles
1 Small Ginger
1/2 Cinnamon Stick
1. Soak all the dals for 2-3 Hours. Once soaked drain them and then pressure cook the dals and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, red chillies, cinnamon stick and cloves. Once roasted along with
coriander leaves, ginger and garlic grind all the dry masalas in to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute for till they turn light golden brown. Add paste and chopped tomatoes and saute till oil starts leaving the sides of the vessel.
4. Now add cooked dals and salt as per taste and mix it properly with the onion and paste mixture. If required add water and cook properly.
5. Serve it with rice or roti.
This is my entry for Divya's Bookmarked Recipes Event