Ganesh Chaturthi is incomplete without Lord's Favourite Ladoos. Last year I made authentic Modak for Vighnaharta, this year I decided to serve him with our traditional Gujarati Ladoos called Churma Na Ladoo. Gujaratis and brahmin community in particular are very fond of these Ladoos. They made from wheat flour and ghee and it gets its sweetness from jaggery. Guajarati Brahmin's feast is incomplete without Churma Na Ladoo.
2 Cups of Coarse Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup of Rawa (Semolina)
1/2 Cup of Milk
1/2 Cup of Water
2 Cups of Ghee
1 Cup of Ghee / Oil for Frying
2 Cups of Shredded Jaggery
2 Tablespoons of Elaichi Powder
1 Tablespoon of Jaiphal Powder (Nutmeg Powder)
1/2 Cup of Khus Khus (Poppy Seeds) / Sesame Seeds
1. Take course wheat flour, and add rawa to it. If you don't have course wheat flour, increase the amount of rawa to 11/2 cup. Add water, milk and knead a very though dough.
2. Make small balls or muthias out of this dough. Heat ghee or oil and deep fry these wheat balls till they turn brown in colour. This is the easy and best way to cook the wheat flour instead of traditional and time consuming method of making bhakris out of these small balls and then roasting them.
3. Once the wheat balls are fried, allow them to cool, later grind them coarsely in a food processor. The consistency should be of a coarse powder. Add elaichi and jaiphal powder in the grinded wheat.
4. Heat ghee in a pan, add shredded jaggery and allow jaggery to melt in the ghee, spread this mixture in the grinded wheat powder. Mix well with ghee, jaggery and wheat mixture with the help of a stapulla. Don't mix it with your hands as it will burn them as the ghee and jaggery mixture is very hot.
5. Once properly mixed, apply small amount of ghee on ur palms, take the ghee, jaggery and wheat mixture and make small round balls or ladoos by pressing it in between your palms. Make the ladoos when the mixture is still hot. Roll the ladoos in khus khus or sesame seeds.
6. Allow them to cool and place them in the air tight container. They can be stored for almost 10 days.
This is my entry for my very own Janmashtami & Ganesh Chaturthi Event.
This post also goes for Sanghi's IFL - Milk Event and Sara's Sweet and Savoury Event
My Dear Friends Sanghi, Priya Raj and Lone Acorn have tagged me, you can know more about me through this tag here..... thank you girls for thinking about me and tagging me.