Mexican Bean Sauce is usually made from Pinto beans, but one can also use Rajmah (Kidney Beans). I have added Indian spices to this sauce as it enhances the flavours of this sauce and makes it more spicy. This sauce can be used for making Nachos, Enchiladas or can be serve as an accompaniment with Tacos.
250 gms of Pinto beans / Rajmah (Kidney Beans)
1 Tablespoon of Finely Chopped Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Finely Chopped Ginger
1 Teaspoon of Coriander powder
2 Teaspoon of Red Chilly Powder
1 Teaspoon of Oil
Salt to taste
1. Soak Pinto beans or Rajmah whichever you are using overnight.
2. Then pressure cook the beans and when they are cooked blend it in to a smooth paste
3. Add oil in a vessel, add garlic and ginger and saute them
4. Add bean paste and let it cook for few minutes
5. Add salt, red chilly powder and coriander powder and let it cook for 2 minutes.