''Salsa'' is the Spanish word that can refer to any type of sauce. In American English it usually refers to the spicy, tomato based hot sauce typical of Mexican Cuisine. Again I have used Indian herbs in this sauce to make it more hot. Salsa sauce is used liberally in Mexican Cuisine.
3 Medium sized Tomatoes
1 Medium sized Chopped Onions
1 Small Green Chopped Capsicum
1 Table spoon of Ginger-Garlic paste
1 Teaspoon of Red Chilly Powder
1 Teaspoon of Oregano
1 Teaspoon of Basil
1/4 Cinnamon Stick
1 Badyan (Star Anise)
2 Tablespoons of Tomato Ketchup
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
Salt to taste
1 Teaspoon of Oil
1. Boil tomatoes for few minutes, when they are soft remove the skin and blend them in to a smooth puree.
2. Add oil in a vessel, add Ginger-Garlic paste, Cloves, Badyan, Cinnamon stick and Onions.
3. Saute them till Onions are transparent, add chopped capsicum and saute them for few minutes.
4. Add Oregano, Basil, Red chilly powder and salt, let it simmer for few minutes.
5. Add Tomato ketchup and sugar in the end and let it simmer for 1 Minute.
6. Once the salsa sauce is prepared remove cloves, cinnamon stick and Badyan from the sauce.